- This event has passed.
CATFEST | cats + pop culture | London’s 1st cat festival | catfestlondon.co…
June 29, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 10:30 pm£5.98 – £22.15
Catfest returns bigger and better at Beckenham Place, a Georgian mansion in a leafy south London park. The day-and-night festival for cat lovers will bring together buzz-worthy cat accessories with 50+ exhibitors and feature films, live music, books, art, vegan street food and cat-themed cocktails, along with feline superstar meet-and-greets, including street cat Bob, and talks from international bestselling authors and feline experts.
Part of the proceeds will benefit ERHAM RESCUE and FRESHFIELDS ANIMAL RESCUE WALES to help cats and kittens in need.
- Giles Clark,wildlife expert and star BBC’sBig Cats About the House
- Gwen Cooper(Homer’s Odyssey)
- Tom Cox(Close Encounters of the Fur Kind; the Good, the Bad, the Furry)
- James Bowen(A Street Cat Named Bob)and street cat Bob
- BrittaJaschinski, European wildlife photographer of the year
- Celia Haddon, author and animal behaviourist and author(Cats Behaving Badly; the Joy of Cats)
- Shawn Simons, Kitty Bungalow founder and animal advocate
- Anna Kogan, Forgotten Animals founder
FELINE FILM FESTIVAL + LIVE MUSIC
AFTER DARK, CATFEST WILL BE SCREENING IN THE PARK:
- ROAR,Tippi Hendren’s cult classic about big cats, the most dangerous film ever made
CATFEST WILL SHOW A LIMITED SCREENING INSIDE THE MANSION:
- KEDI,the enchanting documentary about Istanbul’s street cats, inside the mansion (6.30pm; and 8.15pm showings)
LIVE MUSIC ON THE MANSION TERRACE
- THE CRONINS
- YOUNG SAWBONES
- LIBERATION DRUMMER
- JADE STANGER
- THE MEYER DANCERS (London’s coolest go-go girls) will be shimmying at sunset
ART, BOOKS, FOOD + COCKTAILS
- Swell Cat Art Show to benefit Albanian street cats
- Bookshop/storytelling tent
- Face painting + arts and crafts workshop
- Fab vegan street food and kitty-inspired cakes
- Cat-themed cocktails
RESCUE KITTENS + CELEBRITY CATS
- Meet street cat Bob and other feline superstars kitty supermodel Starina, Katzenworld blog cats Rene and Freya, Elliot the Warehouse cat and others
- Fall in love with adoptable rescue kittens at the Meow Parlour (£5 donation at the door)
HELPING CATS IN NEED
CATFEST WILL DONATE PART OF THE PROCEEDS TO ERHAM CAT RESCUE + FRESHFIELDS RESCUE WALES
THE SWELL CAT ART SHOW WILL BENEFIT ALBANIAN STREET CATS + KITTENS
www.facebook.com/ERHAMCATS) to sterilize and improve the lives of vulnerable Moroccan street cats and kittens
*** CHILDREN UNDER-3 FREE
Beckenham Place Park, Beckenham Hill Road
London, BR3 1UH | beckenhamplace.org
- Near Beckhenham Hill rail station (via Elephant & Castle or London Bridge tube)
What is the nearest public transport to the event?
- Near Beckham Hill station (via Elephant & Castle or London Bridge tube)
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Beckenham Park is across the street from Beckenham Hill rail staion. There is very limited parking at the Mansion, although there is parking locally around the park
What can I bring into the event?
- Bring your printed ticket.
• We can scan your ticket from your phone.
• We can look you up by your name.
- Bring blankets and cushions for those watching the open-air screening of ROAR in the park
• Bring jumpers or jackets as it cools down for the evening
- Please don’t bring your own cats, dogs or other animals! You’ll get to see lots of lovely adoptable rescue cats at the onsite Meow Parlour adoption lounge inside the Mansion, along with celebrity cats.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No we can scan your ticket from your phone.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
TICKETS ARE TRANSFERABLE
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?